Indoor Bike Trainers & Rollers
Shop the Best Indoor Bike Trainers at Recyclist.com.
We carry the industry's best bicycle trainers and rollers because winter is a long season in Wisconsin.
What is an Indoor Trainer?
An indoor trainer or indoor bike trainer is a device that offers resistance as you ride inside the comforts of your home. The CycleOps bicycle trainer above is a example of a resistance trainer. The trainer clamps your rear wheel around the hub and the wheel rests on the resistance generating flywheel. You control the amount of resistance
The considerations that affect quality and price are the type of resistance offered to the cyclist. Wind style trainers, tend to be the least expensive (and loudest) while the fluid resistance trainers are higher quality, quieter and more expensive.
How to choose an indoor Trainer
We recommend you buy a trainer based on:
- Your budget - We recommend making this purchase once, so buy as nice a trainer as works for your budget.
- How much you anticipate using it throughout the year - If you are going to use it once a week you could get away with using a cheaper trainer than if you are going to ride indoors 3-5 times a week.
- Your need for quiet - if you need your trainer to be quiet due to roommates or little ones in the house, you might want to consider a magnetic or fluid trainer vs a wind trainer that would be louder.
Your passion - If you love riding all year, and your winter indoor workouts are a huge part of your bike race training, then you'll probably prefer a more expensive trainer.
If you race. If the most important thing to you is developing balance, and fitness while riding indoors, you should buy rollers. They are harder to get used to, but will offer the greatest benefits if you race competitively as you'll develop awesome spin cadence and a smooth pedal stroke on your road bike. A great side benefit is that you can use this style of trainer in your pre-race warm up routine.
Connectivity - If you love data as much as we do, you will covet a trainer like the Kurt Kinetic Rock and Roll Smart Trainer
What is the best selling and best reviewed Indoor Trainer?
The CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer at $325.00 is our favorite trainer.
It hits the sweet spot for most riders and is a great indoor trainer for most cyclists.
Here is a summary of CycleOps Fluid 2 Reviews:
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
- Stable (17)
- Easy to install and use (13)
- Durable (11)
- Versatile (11)
- Adjustable (10)
- No readouts
- Poor assembly instruction
- Poor assembly instructions
- Not cheap
- None that I can find
- Road bikes (13)
- Long rides (5)
- City bikes (4)
- Sprints (2)
- Endurance rides